This month we look at Open Educational Resources (OER) with Momna Hejmadi, Senior Fellow in the Department of Biology and Biochemistry. We’ll be talking about her involvement in a JISC/HEFCE funded project through the UK Centre for Bioscience where resources created at the University of Bath have been shared openly with the wider academic community.
The e-Learning Team will be taking a break from podcasting over the summer and will return in October 2010.
Listen to the podcast: Episode 5 – Open Educational Resources
Further information related to the subject of this podcast:
* Momna Hejmadi’s Cancer Biology OERs
* UK Centre for Bioscience OER project (http://www.bioscience.heacademy.ac.uk/resources/oer/)
* Jorum: access to free learning and teaching resources (http://www.jorum.ac.uk/)
* Open Educational Resources Infokit: guidance on using and creating OERs (https://openeducationalresources.pbworks.com/)
Other useful links:
* Case study: using forums to support distance learners (http://go.bath.ac.uk/qghr)
* How-to: make sense of your Moodle Gradebook (http://go.bath.ac.uk/dw7j)
* Moodle Day 23 June 2010
Presentations and Panopto recordings of the University of Bath Moodle Day can be downloaded from http://go.bath.ac.uk/uays.
Share your comments
We would welcome feedback on any of our podcasts. Feel free to leave comments on the podcast blog page, fill out our quick survey here, or email email@example.com with observations, ideas and questions.